border

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Have a Heart Run 10k Training: Week 2


Did I mention that resting on Mondays is my favorite part of this 10k training plan? Starting the week in general is hard enough, so I give thanks to Christine Luff for giving me the day off. Also, this picture of me is a great example of bad running form.

Tuesday and Thursday: still running on the treadmill for my now-not-so-scary 2 miles thanks to the power of Glee. Running during the musical numbers gives me an extra boost of energy. I am still having to stop to catch my breath a couple of times, but the Justin Bieber songs are helping me power through. I walk briskly for .5 miles at the end to get my body used to getting up to 2.5 miles, which will be my next Scary Saturday goal.

On Wednesday I do an ab workout from the same video from last week. My abs burn as does my lower back from the rug burn I received while doing crunches!

Unforeseen side effect of this training plan: I am so hungry all the time! By 10 am at work, I am ready for lunch. I have started drinking protein smoothies in the morning with my breakfast. Hopefully these will help keep me full until my real lunch hour. If this keeps up, I am going to need to keep healthy snacks in my desk at work so I don’t junk out at the office vending machines.

I enjoy Friday rest days because I get to celebrate the hard work I’ve done this week while mentally prepping for Scary Saturday.

Scary Saturday is here! 2.5 miles is for sure the longest run I’ve ever done in my life. I was a little worried because there were no new Glee episodes to watch. I went with Modern Family instead, which was a good substitute. Surprisingly, 2.5 miles went by quickly, and I even increased my treadmill pace a few notches!

Sunday, and I’ve decided to take go on a hike with my boyfriend Mike and my dog. This one isn’t going to be as intense as last week. I think I will replace the Sunday easy jogs with hiking.

Sunday night: Mike has decided to start training with me! Maybe I’ve been talking about the joys of this training plan a little too much? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment