border

Monday, March 14, 2011

Have a Heart Run 10k Training: Week 1

Monday, Valentine’s Day, is the first day of my training. I’m ready for it! The schedule says, “Rest.” YES! I can do that. Happy Valentine’s Day to me! This training plan rules!

Tuesday: the first day of running, and I'm up at 6:00 am! Because the weather has been rotating raining/sleeting conditions for the past week, I do my running indoors on the treadmill. 1.5 miles is more difficult than I thought it would be. I had to stop to catch my breath a couple of times, but I made it through. Whew! Day one is done!

On Wednesday morning, I do a lower body workout video using an exercise ball and resistance bands. By Wednesday afternoon, I am so sore I can barely bend down to turn on my computer at work. Getting in and out of my office chair is way more of a chore than I remember.

Thursday’s run wasn’t as bad as Tuesday’s, but I am so stiff and sore in my legs. I am already getting anxious about running 2 miles on Saturday. I don’t think I’ve ever run 2 miles at one time.

On Friday, my next rest day, I decide to treat my aching body to a massage, thank you very much, Bellingham’s Best Massage.

Saturday’s scary 2 miles is made much easier by watching an episode of “Glee” while I run. Thank goodness for modern inventions like treadmills, laptops, and streaming television shows.

I become really ambitions on Sunday and hike 6 miles up a 1,300 foot mountain, rather than doing the recommended 25-30 minutes of easy comfortable jogging. Why? I don’t know.

Sunday night: Ouch and zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment